The BHMC is best known as the organiser of the world-famous Brighton Speed Trials. We started in 1905 so have been going over 100 years - this makes it the longest-running motorsport event in the world!
An entertaining day-out for all the family, it showcases a wide range of cars and motorbikes racing over a quarter of a mile, along Brighton's historic beachfront, Madeira Drive.
The Club also runs other activities during the year including:
- A trip to the Autosport Show in January.
- The Spring Jolly - a trip out with club members, centred around cars or motorsport.
- The Goodwood Sprints in May & August.
- The Concours and Classic Car Show, held in Hove Park.
- The Annual Dinner Dance in December.
A full list can be found on the Events page.
About the club
Since the early 1920's we were known as the Brighton and Hove Motor Cycle and Light Car Club. The Motor Cycle interests were split off in 1932 and the Brighton and Hove Motor Club came into being.
We moved into the arches under Dukes Mound on the seafront at Brighton in 1948 where we have remained ever since.
Our Committee, Bar and Snooker rooms are open to club members every Wednesday from 8pm until 11pm. Non-members - feel free to come down and say hello, and bring your interesting car to break the ice!